What's up with DAN and Dive Assure? - (emergency hotlines down)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_Slacker_

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know of something going on with these two? Could have used their help today. The DAN number just gives a fast "busy" signal and Dive Assure goes to an operator that says they are no longer providing the answering service for dive emergencies...

Fast busy signal likely indicates a connection problem between you and the destination, rather than an issue with DAN.

Called from cell phones and land line, same result. I suspect the 2 numbers called go to the same switchboard and possibly same operator (Dan and Dive Assure) as the numbers are only 1 digit different. Someone else is welcome to try and call. I get the same result (fast busy) to the DAN emergency number today as yesterday. I was going to call the non-emergency numbers today and see what is up but neither is open yet. I'll try again later.

---------- Post added April 14th, 2014 at 08:54 AM ----------

Got through on the regular line to DAN and they said they did have some reports of trouble with the hotline over the weekend and were looking into it. Re: Dive Assure found out the person wasn't calling the emergency number but the Duke number over the weekend, so maybe that was there cause for that one.

Back
Top Bottom