Who knows of a good dive package / hotel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver477

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Everybody!

I'm putting together a trip in the next upcoming months and I wanted your insight in Grand Cayman since its been a loooooong time for me since I've been there last.

Specifically, are there any good places that have pretty good hotel/dive packages that you've stayed at that wasn't ultra expensive? If so, I wanna hear about it and the dive operators you used! Or any place else you would recommend for some divers trying to escape Chicago's neverending cold blasts.

Thanks!

Look at the web sites of the dive operators there - and their tie in with lodging as a place to start.

Home

If you are wanting budget friendly - G.C. isn't the place for you!

I know that GC is pretty $$$, I just would want to know what place has the best deals. Thanks for that tip though --- I'm gonna look into it!

2 Places I have seen good reviews of on the forum are Sunset House and Cobalt Coast. If I were planning a Grand Cayman trip, I'd look at their package deal rates, at least as a starting point for comparisons, and do a forum search for reviews by former customers of those.

If nothing else, you call tell us what's included in their package at a given price, and considering all that's included, whether that strikes you as too expensive.

Grand Cayman has some shore diving; you might want to consider how close to some a place you're considering is located.

Richard.

Compass Point/Ocean Frontiers sometimes runs good deals including condo/diving/car. It's on the East End which is closer to the better diving and away from the crowds/cruiseships, but further from the easier shore diving options and some of the things a non-diver might be interested in.

Back
Top Bottom