West Bay Dive shop recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaNYC16

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Heading for a week of diving in July and want to do rescue diver course. Would love to hear some recommendations for a quality dive op and any tips are welcome too. Thanks!

Did rescue course at Mayan Divers located at the Mayan Princess resort on West Bay Beach. We have dived with them many times, but don't anymore as they are a bit to tame now for our tastes, part of that is that they are very focused on education now instead of the love of diving we felt they used to be. For those reasons we don't really dive with them anymore but if you want a top notch training experience they would be the ones I would return to for that, as they are very thorough, professional and detailed on their training program.

I recommend Bananarama. I did my AOW and Rescue with them (different trips) and did not regret it. Marco was the Rescue instructor ... highly recommended!! Also, I found doing the eLearning ahead of time a great benefit even though the cost was a bit more in total. If you're only staying a week, the eLearning is probably the best route.

Bananarama did require at least two students for the Rescue course. I'm sure they would accommodate a single student for a higher price. (This was about two years ago.)

Carl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom