Post a picture of your dive boat...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I noticed a thread about local dive boats, so I got thinking about those of us "fortunate" enough to have our own boats to dive from...

How about a thread with pics showing our personal dive boats, and a bit about them?

This is mine... ex-Police Zodiac Hurricane 590 RHIB, 150 Yamaha. It's ideal for a couple of techies and a tender or 3 or 4 rec divers. It isn't large, but it's very capable and with an almost 200 mile range, can get me pretty much anywhere I want to go in the Great Lakes. This shot was taken by a friend who was coming back into harbour on a charter...

Attachments

• Good Ship Verius_edited-1.jpg
    Good Ship Verius_edited-1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 696
Here are the two boats I used back in the 60s and 70s. However, I found it was much more economical to pay the local boats to dive from!

View attachment 182436View attachment 182436Bill and Eleutheria 02 2400 med.jpg
My 30' St. Pierre designed dory

Yikes, the only picture I have found so far of the other boat, the 26' KV, was when it took a "dive" in the winter of 1969-70

KV_SINK.jpg
I was on it when this happened. The Coast Guard helo dropped TWO bilge pumps, neither of which worked. We finally got a tow from a tug based in Avalon and the boat lived to dive another day (that is, to let us dive another day)

My little dive boat offers lots of launching capabilities on a rugged coast with few launching sites.

attachment.php

Here is my boat, looking shiny a few years ago after a new coat of paint. Does not look as good now, but is used every week (went out four times in past six days).

le-scat.jpg

Not "mine", but a template if I were to build one....

Hmmm....:hm: maybe these are pretty good models, too....

I just want to say that I hate you people. :D

I wish SOOOOOO much that I had my own zodiac, but it's 15-30k for one and that's a lot of dive trips that I would have to not take.....

R..

Back
Top Bottom