Honours Legacy - Trip Report Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mantajohn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone tried out this new Maldives lob? If so, please post a trip report. I'm sure I'm not alone in being interested to learn how it is.

Thanks

We went to the Maldives in early March for 10 day trip on Honours Legacy. My husband wrote a review on blueotwo's Facebook page which is still there to read.

[video=youtube;2N4zQEDGj_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N4zQEDGj_g[/video]

We were on MV Blue Honors Legacy for 10 days at the beginning of August 2014. Al and Becki Westley were excellent dive guides, the boat was very good, great food, some dodgy weather. Enjoy the video clip.

you say the food was great ? a millions miles away from what we had then…glad its improved because it was a major disappointment for us.

Well,

We have been from 11th to 18th august and everything has been perfect, but the dives.

The boat, the food and meals the cabin, the crew... simply fantastic even the guides Al and Becky, but I expected to see more big life, manta rays, sharks, I could go on and on, you know.

It could be either the route or the guides, we do not really know, but the fact was that we just saw a couple of mantas rays 10 minutes, 20 metres away in one dive, and 2 white spot tips sharks of about 80 cm Is that a shark? - there are groupers in spain 3 times that long - for about 5 seconds. Is that the big life I was looking for the paradise of big wild life?

The route was manta madness, travelling around baa and raa atoll, we did not go to raa atoll at all, and we did not go to hanifaru bay cose there were some people that didn't want to, exactly 5 of 15. I think the agency, in this case the guides, could make an optional dive for this people, so we lost the chances to see a great group of mantas.

Hope this is useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
When we went on Honors Legacy in March, the DM Al had only just relocated to the Maldives from the Red Sea, so he even admitted he didn't know the best places to go to in the Maldives, he was relying on the crew to advise him. On our trip, we had an opportunity to go see hammerheads on one last day, and they took a vote, it was 60/40 for doing the trip but Al then took the decision
and it was decided that it would not be done. Most of us at the time were very disappointed. I know the summer is low season in the Maldives but I would have expected you to see a lot more 'big wild life'….very disappointing for you. As we said after our trip, we would be reluctant to go back on the Honors Legacy as we felt they really had old equipment and a lot of improvement needed to be done. The only way people know about these conditions on liveaboards is if people put on trip reports. So thank you for putting up a trip report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom