Call me a wimp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
But I signed up today for the dry suit course at the dive shop I got a feeling that 7mm Farmer john wetsuit isnt going to be enough at Gilboa when we all meet there in April.

gtxl1200:
But I signed up today for the dry suit course at the dive shop I got a feeling that 7mm Farmer john wetsuit isnt going to be enough at Gilboa when we all meet there in April.

I dive dry for a reason! Those repetitive dives in 40 degree water are certainly less fun wet. Besides, with the way that neoprene compresses that Farmer John wouldn't be very good insulation if you wanted to go to the deep side.

You're a wimp! Hey, that's what you wanted :biggrin:

I'll be dry suiting it in April, hating it but dry suiting it. I've got to get the hang of that thing! To be honest though, I'm colder in the dry suit than in my wetsuit but the surface intervals are much more pleasant after wearing the dry suit.

See y'all in April!
Ber :lilbunny:

There is nothing whimpy about continuing your training and learning about the equipment of diving. Even if you only learn one new thing, the entire class was worth the effort. The time to find and fix a problem is in a controled environment. The first thing you will learn is how pleasant you will be when you dress for the second dive. Putting on a wet wetsuit in any environment is a bad experience. Enjoy the class and your drysuit.

Ber Rabbit:

I'll be dry suiting it in April, hating it but dry suiting it. I've got to get the hang of that thing! To be honest though, I'm colder in the dry suit than in my wetsuit but the surface intervals are much more pleasant after wearing the dry suit.

See y'all in April!
Ber :lilbunny:

Dang Ber Rabbit you beat me to it. Hahahaha

Ber Rabbit:

I'll be dry suiting it in April, hating it but dry suiting it. I've got to get the hang of that thing! To be honest though, I'm colder in the dry suit than in my wetsuit

Ber you aren't wearing enough under the suit if that is happening. Let's put it this way: the coldest water I have dove in a drysuit was 34F. My body was warm, but my head & hands were so cold I had a big jug of hot water to pour into them (wet hood & gloves). My longest downtime in a full 5mm wetsuit was 25 minutes in the GL, and that was really pushing it.

Feel free to PM me.

Stay warm!

I've got the 400 gram thinsulate Viking undies and I'm freezing in 60 degree water! Normal people sweat in those things if the water is over 40 degrees or so I've heard. Bob3 gave me some ideas to layer under the Viking undies, that's next on my list.

Raven:
I just couldn't resist! :biggrin:
Ber

Ber Rabbit:
I've got the 400 gram thinsulate Viking undies and I'm freezing in 60 degree water! Normal people sweat in those things if the water is over 40 degrees or so I've heard. Bob3 gave me some ideas to layer under the Viking undies, that's next on my list.

I've always found layering to be the key, starting with a thin poly (warm & sweat-wicking) layer. The big bulky woolies were always... well.. TOO big & bulky for me. I always felt like the Michelin Man in them, they felt that thick.

The only other thing is that you may want to add a little more air to the suit to help with the insulation factor.

However, sounds like you're on the right track, though.

Bonne chance,

Ber Rabbit:
I'll be dry suiting it in April, hating it but dry suiting it. I've got to get the hang of that thing!
blah blah blah...you're a wimp too, but you are all smart wimps....even if you're cold in your drysuit, you're (mostly:D) dry when you get out of it.

Me, I'll be busting out the wetsuit and diving in that

Big-t-2538:
Me, I'll be busting out the wetsuit and diving in that

It is nice to know that I will not be the only diver getting wet!

Mitten Diver

Back
Top Bottom