Caribou blinds under Lake Huron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I highly doubt that the ridge was part of a caribou hunting ground. Been over many strange and unusual objects in the lake, and none of them manmade. The lake flooded the region before a established human settlers came to an area.

Reactions: dab
I highly doubt that the ridge was part of a caribou hunting ground. Been over many strange and unusual objects in the lake, and none of them manmade. The lake flooded the region before a established human settlers came to an area.

May I ask what you are basing this on?
There are other news articles for this story claiming there site was ridge creating a dry land bridge around 9000 years ago.
There are other theories/hypotheses/beliefs that there were several waves of human migrations that went as far back as 45000 years and a few glacial advances and retreats during that time.
So, it's not unreasonable to think there was a well established human population in this area.

(Note: I am in no way claiming to be a expert on history, nor am I saying any report or anyone is wrong or right)

[video=youtube;x6m-pwWCDKU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6m-pwWCDKU[/video]

My theory is based on multiple (maybe outdated) books and shows on the region. The lakes STARTED to form about 10K years ago. From what I've read, the earliest known settlements came in and 7000-6000BC, that is a huge amount of time during the formation. In the area where they are pointing at in Lake Huron, the ice covered the area before it could exposed to dry land. If you look at hard evidence, the only shown life on the current bottomlands only go 40ft down. All underwater forests and possible human habitation existed in this zone. It is believed that by 4000BC that the lakes reached their somewhat current form. Even ask the archeologists that this is a THEORY and no hard evidence has been found. There are no tools, huts, or other hard evidence that they were out on the ridge. I have been over the area they claimed shown evidence of man made structures or features that they claim show evidence. What I believe along with a few others is that these bizarre features were creates by retreating glaciers and nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom