zeagle ranger twin tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scoobert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Can anyone give me a list of items I need for my ranger to hold twins?
I will be doing twin independents, So I just need to know what I need to mount them?
I looked about, and got two different results. One small bracket, and one massive expensive one.
So I am lost. What is needed to hook them up to the BC?
Also Is there a good way to hook two tanks to the BC inflater without a bertha?

If you are going to dive doubles, the best way is most likely a bp/w. One of my friends looked at attaching doubles to his bcd but it was sketchy at best. The tanks didn't seem secure and the bcd moved around too much to have any kind of decent trim.

---------- Post added May 4th, 2014 at 12:24 AM ----------

However, if you're set on sticking with the zeagle ranger with doubles I'd do a search. I googled "zeagle ranger doubles" and got a ton of responses

You can either do the Brackets/Bladder Attachment straps or the Backplate.

Parts needed are detailed in this video. Sound is bad but here's both options:

How to install twin cylinders on your Zeagle BC - YouTube

So basically for option one you need the brackets and the bladder attachment straps.
For option two all you need is a backplate.

Plus bolts and bands for the tanks for either option.

Here's all the parts for option 1:

Zeagle Twin Tank Mounting Plates scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express
Zeagle Bladder attachment strap scuba diving gear at Zeagle Express
Zeagle Express Backplate Accessories Ripcord Weights For Zeagle Backplates 7.25 inch Twin Cylinder Bands Zip Touch Weight System Backplate Pad 3.25 inchTwin Cylinder Bolt Kits - Bolts and Bands.

Or option 2:

Zeagle Express Zeagle Backplate Systems Standard Stainless Steel Backplate Kit Deluxe Stainless Steel Backplate Kit Stainless Steel Backplate Anodized Aluminum Backplate Titanum Blackplate - either the Steel or Aluminum Plate
Zeagle Express Backplate Accessories Ripcord Weights For Zeagle Backplates 7.25 inch Twin Cylinder Bands Zip Touch Weight System Backplate Pad 3.25 inchTwin Cylinder Bolt Kits - Bolts and Bands

Notice that on both installations, when he tightens the wingnuts, the twins are already banded together on the other side of the BC.

Obviously the Backplate is a better mounting also since it's a lot stiffer.

You might price other bands also. $255 seems kind of high to me. A good set of Highland bands are $144.
Highland Stainless Steel Tank Bands | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL - Dive Right in Scuba

You may need some help determining the correct location for proper weight distribution also.

I can't answer your last question.

Thanks for the answers, and the video.
I am a bit confused, did the normal tank straps need to be removed when the backplate was in use? or did it just bolt on over them?
I recreational dive only once every few months, but I dive to clean boat bottoms weekly, so I need this conversion to be reversible and not too hard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom