One possible strategy among others

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been succesful at cutting weight while maintaining strength (mostly), and I thought I'd share what worked with me.

For a start, my take on body recomposition is that you maintain muscle mass by lifting heavy weights while eating a lot of proteins, and you cut fats by decreasing calories. The trick is to find ways to combine that that is maintainable over the long term.

I have done a lot of experimenting, and here is the strategy that works for me:
1) Weigh everything and count calories.
2) Eat about 1g of protein per pound of bodymass (I'm a little below that but not much).
3) Stay below 2,000 cal per day (that will depend widely on your activity, etc).
4) Lift weights 3x a week.
5) Follow a broadly paleo diet.

The way I structure my food intake is that I eat one moderate meal a day, and I supplement during the day with baked chicken breasts, which fill me up for a long time and ensure I get plenty of proteins. I tend to cheat over the week end, but I cheat "carefully".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom