Wreck & Advanced/Technical Wreck Classes in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
During this summer I will be conducting wreck and advanced wreck diver classes in Key Largo, Florida.

The entry level wreck diver training will be done on the Spiegel Grove, the Bibb & the Duane. These classes will be utilizing Nitrox and require a minimum of 100 minutes of actual bottom time with a minimum of four dives over 2 -4 days. These training dives will all be conducted within sight of an exit. Divers may use a single tank or doubles/sidemount.

The Advanced wreck class will utilize nitrox and oxygen for decompression, and the dives will be on the same wrecks. Divers must be certified as Deep divers. This program requires six wreck dive penetrations and a minimum of 240 minutes of actual bottom time. Those opting to enroll in the technical wreck program will be instructed in the use of 100% oxygen as a decompression gas.

There are several routes to take for these classes. Anyone wanting more information or wanting to enroll should e-mail, PM or call me (352-363-0013)to discuss the details. I was assigned as gunnery officer on the Spiegel Grove for two years and can show you this wreck and explain to you what you are seeing.

Since I am also a cave instructor for the NSS-CDS, NACD and IANTD these classes are excellent prerequisites for and will go a long way in preparing you for cave training should cave training be on your list of goals.

IMG_1202.jpgIMG_1207.jpgIMG_1205.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom