Just ordered my first drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mat4ov

Registered
Reaction score
I just ordered my first drysuit and am really excited about it! Finally I won't have to wait for the lakes to warm up and I can dive more than just a few months of the year!

it opens the door to a whole lot of more diving!!!!!
a lot more enjoyable to suit up without the stress of yanking on a 2pc 7mm!!!!
get some training with it in a pool before you try it in ow as there is a bit of a curve to using them
bouyancy issues can create a severe safety risk for you without a knowledge of proper use!
you'll have a hard time reverting back to wet!!!!!!!
have fun
yaeg

it opens the door to a whole lot of more diving!!!!!
a lot more enjoyable to suit up without the stress of yanking on a 2pc 7mm!!!!
get some training with it in a pool before you try it in ow as there is a bit of a curve to using them
bouyancy issues can create a severe safety risk for you without a knowledge of proper use!
you'll have a hard time reverting back to wet!!!!!!!
have fun
yaeg

+1

It was a total game changer for me. No single piece of equipment has improved my diving experience more than a drysuit has. Congrats to the OP.

Thanks! I'll definitely take the class, just haven't scheduled it yet as I'd like to take it in the suit I'll be using in ow instead of in a rental of a different style.

Good idea to get the training.

Have Fun Diving Dry!

I take my drysuit to the Red Sea too. I see the others struggling to get on their tight wetsuits (shrink in the closet phenomenon), shivering on a long dive, complaining about rashes and dry skin and dripping all over when they emerge, soaked like a wet cat from their wetsuits. No thanks! Even in the tropics wet hair & wet hands are enough for me.

I love diving in the local waters in a Dry Suit. When I used to teach, I did 90% of my dives in a Dry Suit.

In 1997 I took two DUI Dry Suit with me on the Kona Aggressor. I took them just incase one of the AOW student I had wanted to do the Dry Suit Specialty. Non of the student wanted to do it, but the Co-Captain of the Kona Aggressor and I swapped specialties. I taught him the Dry Suit and he taught me UWPV Underwater Propulsion Vehicle.

Ever with really light weight under garments, the water temp was 75° F it was too hot. I don' t think I could have done every dive in a Dry Suit in those water temps.

I could only imagine in the Red Sea I would be more wet on the inside from sweat the on the outside from the water!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom