Solo dive question, max depth 25'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quaglinoman

Registered
Reaction score
All dive buddies moved, want to dive. I enjoy Blue Heron Bridge in Florida. A shore dive with lots of life. Max depth is 25', most areas are at 20' so ditching would be easy. I do trust my gear and ALWAYS dive safe, never exceeding my certifications.

i have the buddy system in my head, but often we would split up anyway. What are people's thoughts on this? Is a site like this ok for solo diving?

While I'm not saying "Do it"; I have dove solo at BHB before. I don't think it would be a big deal; just have your flag.

On another note; why would you need to? :D I suggest you make a post here:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-diving/386645-blue-heron-bridge-trolls-655.html and ask for a buddy. I think as long as you don't have two drooling heads, you'd probably find someone willing to dive with you (two heads is ok, just as long as they both don't drool)

If you've dove the bridge before, you know there's always divers there at high tide. Make a post, approach the other divers and ask to join them; and soon you can have some new dive buddies who you can plan other dive trips with.

What Bob said. Not knowing what level of experience you have, and your mindset, it's pretty hard to say... But this strikes me as one of those things that "If you have to ask..." if you know what I mean. You should KNOW that you are ready to dive solo... If you aren't confident, then get thee into a solo course.

I am not familiar with the BHB, although I have a friend who seems to dive there every day, shooting macro. Assuming that there isn't an unruly current, it sounds like a pretty simple dive. Having said that, if you have 25 dives under your belt, perhaps not.

I'd suggest that as a minimum, you should add a redundant air supply... a pony for example, and a good sized SMB.

All dive buddies moved, want to dive. I enjoy Blue Heron Bridge in Florida. A shore dive with lots of life. Max depth is 25', most areas are at 20' so ditching would be easy. I do trust my gear and ALWAYS dive safe, never exceeding my certifications.

i have the buddy system in my head, but often we would split up anyway. What are people's thoughts on this? Is a site like this ok for solo diving?

A lot of sites are ok for solo diving... it's the diver that needs to be ok. The only person who can make that decision to solo is you. If you're asking, then you must have some reservations...? What is your dive experience? Why not try to hook up with someone here on SB?

only person who can make that decision to solo is you. If you're asking, then you must have some reservations...?
Why do people always assume that just because someone asks a question they must be unsure, timid, or have reservations? Nothing about this post says he's worried; he's just asking a question.

To assume that he has reservations without knowing him is asinine and rude.

If you have to ask, you're not ready...
Also, do keep in mind that the first 25ft is the most dangerous 25ft there is with regards to gas expansion...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom