Oceanlog 2.4 Not Responding - HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shallingsam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the oceanlog software and drivers several times on my computer and I keep having problems with it. When I go to download the dives from my computer, I push the download from PDC instead of manual entry and it minimizes the program and then goes to not responding. This will happen multiple times and I have to force close it. Sometimes, I may make it to the next screen, and once I try to pair the PDC with the computer, it says that it timed out even though there’s seconds remaining on my PDC. I’m at my wits end with this software. Prior to it being non-fucntional, the last time I was able to download my dives, it only downloaded the dates. The remainder of the data like length of dive, air etc was all missing from the dive log. I was wondering what I can do to fix this. I currently use Windows 7 professional.

Oceanlog is the biggest piece of crap software I've ever dealt with and I work with computers and proprietary software for a living. Oceanic if you are listening you REALLY need to fire your software development team and start over. Scrap Oceanlog and just start over guys. If they don't fix it I personally will NEVER buy another Oceanic product as long as I live.

I have no problem with Oceanlog as long as I do everything exactly the same each time. The most important thing is that before trying to pair the PDC with the computer, I plug in the USB data cable and make sure Windows knows it's there. Typically Windows will make some noise when it sees the USB. If I do that, it works fine.

Ditto,pj

---------- Post added May 29th, 2014 at 08:22 PM ----------

shallingsam: Call Neil Morales at Underwater Products(oceanic/Hollis,etc.) at 800-435-3483(510-562-0500). Ne's always been very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom