Omega 3 Hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yup, it is true. I had a rep with one in a couple of weeks ago. There's a ball joint on the end of the second stage that the interstage hose screws into and it is a proprietary fitting.

Really nice looking reg but the one I saw must have been dismantled and put together incorrectly because it breathed like an utter dog too. I popped it on a cylinder, took a couple of breaths, told the rep I wouldn't use it in a swimming pool and handed it back.

They can be changed, it's just that you'll need the official Oceanic Omega hose to do it (I daresay Miflex might do a non-OEM version if the reg is popular). I don't know if Oceanic will offer non-standard hose lengths as an add-on.

So glad this post showed up. I had my LDS order a white Omega 3 but they had to wait because that color wasn't shipping yet. I just cancelled the order. I want no part of propriatory anything. I wonder if the end of the hose for the 1st stage is propriatory as well. Maybe that's why they only sell it as a set. What bushwah. Why would any manufacturer make anything that doesn't fit established standard connerctors? And it needs a special tool????? Double bushwah!!!!! Guess I'll put Oceanic in the bag with Mares as "don't buy" brands. Bummer. I really wanted a side discharge 2nd stage. OH well.

An simple adapter that will allow one to switch from the integrated swivel hose to a standard hose is designed and being tested now. I'd expect it to be available within 45 days.

Good to hear. With all due respect, what was Oceanic thinking? I’ll hold off to see what this adapter looks like. I’m still using a 30 year old original Omega, but could use a spare.

An simple adapter that will allow one to switch from the integrated swivel hose to a standard hose is designed and being tested now. I'd expect it to be available within 45 days.

Stupid solution to a problem created by the manufacturer!!! What possible reason could there be for using nonstandard, propriatory connection threads - other than trying to lock me in to your product line. I won't buy. I don't want an adapter that I never should have needed in the first place. One more failure point, one more problem waiting to happen, one more expense. Wonder what the charge will be for the adapter. Bet it's in the $50 range. Lost me as a customer.

So glad this post showed up. I had my LDS order a white Omega 3 but they had to wait because that color wasn't shipping yet. I just cancelled the order. I want no part of propriatory anything. I wonder if the end of the hose for the 1st stage is propriatory as well. Maybe that's why they only sell it as a set. What bushwah. Why would any manufacturer make anything that doesn't fit established standard connerctors? And it needs a special tool????? Double bushwah!!!!! Guess I'll put Oceanic in the bag with Mares as "don't buy" brands. Bummer. I really wanted a side discharge 2nd stage. OH well.

The hollis version has std fittings and you can buy second stages only if u like your existing first.

get the hollis version. No issues there and you can buy second stages by themselves and put them on your existing hoses.

Back
Top Bottom