Carambola resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DM95

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey, anyone ever been to Carambola Beach Resort on St. Croix? :hm: Thinking about a trip there in the summer with the Mrs.

we stayed there last November... nice place, beautiful grounds, i was burning marriott points and very happy with the selection. it's a tad remote so you'll need a car to get around, but jeeping around st croix was half the fun IMO.

Stayed there last year. Nice place. Like you were told, you will be driving a lot. Diving with SweetBottom is OK - perfectly adequate. Diving there is so so.

Thank you both!

A very nice place and diving is more than so so. There is a Great Wall there off shore and right down the road is Cane Bay and North Star, all great shore dives.

Reggie in Midland, NC

Never actually stayed at Carambola but spent a day on their beach which was very nice (and so were the grounds). A couple I know who stayed there last year rated it decent (her) to very nice (him)... =)

I HAVE stayed at the Buccaneer (nice hotel with two great beaches and close to C'sted) as well as the more budget friendly Hotel on the Cay on an island in C'sted Harbor (a little run down but inexpensive with a central location). The latter is reached by a 3 min boat ride, so lugging dive gear plus having to park your rental on the street may be less desirable. On the flip side you can hit the bars and restaurants in C'sted and walk home.

Carambola is certainly remote from the broader range of wine and dine options in C'sted and out East (though Eats and Rowdy Joes in Cane Bay are great), but if your trip is mostly centered around diving you can easily drive to F'sted (the Pier is a must do dive), the walls off North Star/Cane Bay (shore dives), as well as Salt River marina to dive the canyon (boat dive).

Good luck
Rik

Back
Top Bottom