NICK BCD - Moving Lightly!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seac usa

Registered
Reaction score
Moving Lightly.
With minimum bulk, Nick buoyancy compensator offers extreme lightness and freedom of movement.
The weight pockets, with the Q & S system, have a cummerbund and an independent double concealed back-up pocket on the sides to ensure maximum convenience, functionality and safety!!

Outer bladder material: Cordura 500D coated in PU - Inner bladder material: Nylon
500D PU-coated - 3 Dump valves (inflator. shoulder & back) - "D" rings: 4 - 1.5 in +
2 - 1 in all stainless steel - Dry weight (size M/L): 7.75 lbs (complete with hose and
weight pocket).

Nick.jpg Nick---Q&S.jpg Nick---tasca-scomparsa.jpg

Just completed two dives with this BCD while diving with one of the SEAC reps, Craig. I was very impressed with the unit, felt like I had been diving with it for 100 dives on the first dive. Really liked the inflator controls, they had a very positive feel, and the weight pockets. If you get a chance to dive it don't pass it up.

Reminds me of the mares icon bcd (not a bad thing)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

How does this pass the laugh-aloud test for "minimum bulk" vs. a BP and minimum profile wing? That weight system alone is bulkier than my wing.

Also, I see "moving lightly" has a dry weight of nearly 8 frigging pounds; SS plates tend to be ~6lbs and AL plates are ~2lbs, add maybe another ~2lb to each for harness,hardware, and cambands.

But putting aside the fact that outside the water this is heavier than a basic BP/W...why don't you include the stats for this thing's inherent buoyancy? You know, the number that tells people how much frigging lead they'll have to wear just to sink their own BCD?

Helpful thing to know, that.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom