Another near miss with a whale lol!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrChen

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Tons of action in this video. Dolphins, sharks, and a whale all feeding right under a diver. Looks like fun until that whale comes up on the diver and then a surprise by a shark. Good stuff.

[video=youtube;a-Ph1CWYivg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-Ph1CWYivg[/video]

Scuba diver almost gets swallowed by 49-foot whale

Why do people think that the whale swallow was a "near miss"? It seams to me that whales know exactly what and where they biting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why do people think that the whale swallow was a "near miss"? It seams to me that whales know exactly what and where they biting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You're taking that way to seriously, unless you mean for non divers. A huge whale coming up under me would get my heart rate up. You could also get hurt if it breached and landed on you. Look at the website link, the diver was really close. I didn't post it though because he almost died. I posted it because it looked like an insane experience, including the shark bumping him at the end. I figure a lot of divers would pay good money to be that diver in the water. Good stuff if you ask me.

---------- Post added May 21st, 2014 at 08:22 PM ----------

Wow, I would give almost anything to have a dive like that :).

Point proven...

Intense dive. Im jealous. Thanks for posting.

Certainly quite a thrill for the diver, but given what I've seen of whales over the years I think the cetacean was pretty well in control of the situation and would not have come very close to ingesting the diver (thereby risking indigestion).

Thnx for posting

Back
Top Bottom