A ScubaBoard reunion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Peter and I are down in Monterey, California right now, and today, we did a dive at Pt. Lobos State Park. Our dive buddy was KMD, and the other team with us was Adobe and Ben V. Why do I write about this? Because I met all three here on ScubaBoard, and it was a LONG time ago . . . I'm pretty sure I started talking to them back in 2005, and dove with them for the first time in 2006. We were all talking today about how few people we know who have been diving that long and are still diving actively.

That also made me think about diving with Diver0001 a year ago November. I also met him here, but we didn't meet in person for quite a few years, and didn't dive together until 2012.

So I wonder, how many of you have made friends here who are still friends years later? How far from you do they live? How often do you see them?

:thumb:

Adobo was my Essentials teammate, back in the day! He's moved far beyond me, as I reverted to a single tank recreational diver and am far happier there.

I met Parrotheaddiver and Francis on SB. They invited me on one of their CCV trips years ago and I still go on dive trips with them, including one coming up. Best dive buddies a guy could have. :cool2:

I also know some local divers (hi, Scubagal!) and people like robint and her hubby that I met first diving, before I knew them from SB.

Anyone else?

I have never met Kevin yet, but have dove with Adobo and Ben. Unfortunately I haven't been diving as much lately due to a home remodel, but I have no intentions of stopping cold water diving. I need good scooter buddies and have been slowly working with one of my close friends to build him into a safe dive buddy.

Brian and I have never dove together but did our first scooter dive together at Lobos and it was like we had been diving together for years. Never hurts that it was a magical day with zero surge and unlimited vis. It is nice having dive buddies with similar training and mindsets :)

Some friends I haven't talked to as often as I probably should, but we can always pickup right where we left off.

Met Pasley here. Hope to dive with him again soon. Also met the Chica, though she posts infrequently these days. Have yet to dive with her, though we keep talking about it.

Oh! Dove with Mr. E-Dive himself during a wrinkles dive in San Diego (met Wrinkles later).

It's been a fun ride. Hope it continues.

I met an instructor years ago in NY at an LDS I use--later found he was on SB. Still see him each summer. Think I have met 2 (maybe 3) others who happen to be coming where I was for a dive--one time things.

I'm sort of surprised at how few people have responded . . . I know a lot of the DNY folks met here and continue to dive together.

ScubaBoarders I met before I knew SB, and/or met outside of SB (had dived with some of them):
beaverdivers, Indepth Watersports, Mrlipis, romad119, robint and her husband (don’t remember his board name), waterskier1, and probably others

People I met because of SB, but have not dived with:
roakey, Thalassamania, Wijbrandus

People I met through SB and have dived with:
Hawkwood

We haven't done a Meet and Greet in awhile... but we have done a few in the past and had decent turn outs from other Scubaboard members.

attachment.php

I talked first with Subcooled here and then met him for a dive :)

I have no clue. Most of these people on the Board have crazy handles so if I have met them, it was as their real personna rather than the handle.

Seriously, I've met lots of people from the Board and dived with too many of them for my feeble brain cells to remember. Not bad for a solo diver! I also meet a lot topside at the dive park.

Back
Top Bottom