s38 set up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Young33

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,
I just got my s38 wing and am wondering, what else do I need to get this rig in the water? I have:

-s38 wing
-Elite 2 harness
-Soon will have AL bp

If it makes a difference I dive dry in fresh water. I am currently switching over to a BpW to prepare for my tech 40 class.

Any input is appreciated, thank you.

tank straps x 2

what BP? The slots in Hollis wings don't always line up with the slots in other brand backplates in which case you will need an STA.

tank straps x 2

what BP? The slots in Hollis wings don't always line up with the slots in other brand backplates in which case you will need an STA.

the hg plate, no worries there!

---------- Post added May 30th, 2014 at 02:02 AM ----------

For tech 40, do you need double tank? If so S38 isn't a double tank wing.

manifold doubles or a single with a stage bottle as well

Why an AL BP, and not SS?

---------- Post added May 30th, 2014 at 03:50 AM ----------

Do you need an integrated weight system?

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...-gear-integrated-weight-system-backplate.html

simply because I don't have very much lead on me for diving dry. So, Stainless might weigh me down too much with all of my gear. But, in the future Ill have both eventually.

and Will that weight system work with hollis? Do the straps just thread through them?

Back
Top Bottom