Changing the comp to display PSI instead of Bar - scuba pro Aladdin smart tek

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matthew Jones

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have this wireless dive computer and unless I'm reading the manual incorrectly it doesn't show how to switcht he display from bar to psi although it seems to indicate that it can be done. Anyone have experience doing so?

You could start by looking under whatever settings are available. It has to let you set time and date, and fO2, assuming it's nitrox capable. Alternatively, find an electronic copy of the manual and search for imperial.

You could start by looking under whatever settings are available. It has to let you set time and date, and fO2, assuming it's nitrox capable. Alternatively, find an electronic copy of the manual and search for imperial.
I searched for imperial (I have the manual on my iPad this whole time). It doesn't really indicate how to chane unless it's using the computer connection

I have this wireless dive computer and unless I'm reading the manual incorrectly it doesn't show how to switcht he display from bar to psi although it seems to indicate that it can be done. Anyone have experience doing so?

The manual only mentions the smart-trak software. I have an old smart-com which runs similar software, and I don't know of any way to change the units without software.

The software is a free download.

Last edited:
Page 9 in the Smart Tec manual. I'm fairly certain you can't change it just using the Smart Tec menu functions. It's not something people regularly do.

2.2 SmartTRAK
With SmartTRAK you can transfer dive data to a personal computer and graphically display the data.
The following settings may be changed with SmartTRAK:
• Unit system metric/imperial

oops...didn't see flots post above...

Why not leave it in bar? It's a much easier system to work with - reading in bar X the empty volume of the cylinder = cylinder contents

Interesting question, how do I even get this thing hooked up to my computer to change the units? It comes with no USB cable, do I have to buy that stupid IR dongle?

Join 99% of the world and use metric!!!

Interesting question, how do I even get this thing hooked up to my computer to change the units? It comes with no USB cable, do I have to buy that stupid IR dongle?

You don't have to buy one, any IR dongle should work. Just find a computer that already has one. You only need it for a minute.

I bought a IR dongle for about $5 or maybe $10 (I forget) at a local electronics shop, works just like the $69 Scubapro one....

Back
Top Bottom