single looking for dive/hotel pkg or live aboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robindee

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be travelling from SFO to India in late Oct/Nov and would like to include at least 3-6 days of diving in the Maldives. I have been looking at flights and trying to figure out the least expensive way to include both places. Looks like flites from Chennai to Male are affordable on srilanka air and then ferry rides look good once in Male. It appears that the live aboard options are for 7 days only? Any shorter trips available? Any hotel/dive packages for Maafushi, Gaafaruor or any of the close ferry destinations that anyone would recommend? Any dive shops that are safe and affordable? I will need to rent equipment as i am travelling very light..
I am assuming that Maldives provide better diving opportunities than Andaman Islands? (or am I wrong?)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you can fit it time/budget-wise, splurging for the extra day or two to go on a liveaboard there is worth it IMO. You'll get to see a much larger variety of locations vs. just diving around one particular island/atoll. FWIW, I went a few years ago on the Eagle Ray (a fairly reasonably priced liveaboard, vs. the pricier luxe ones like the Aggressor or Carpe Vita) and enjoyed it.

Individual booking available in some seasons,Please check it out here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom