What haven't you seen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wingy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is there anything on your ''must see'' list or ''want to see'' list that everyone else seems to see?

I seem to have a lot of big stuff encounters, whales, dolphins, sharks of all species incl a glimpse of a white, whalesharks, mantas, dugongs, big pelagic schools etc. Im thankful for that and hope the trend continues.

I am pretty good at spotting macro stuff i think, I've seen rhinopias, pygmy seahorses, pipefish, ghost pipefish, ornate pipefish, rough snouted pipefish and once, just once, a leafy sea dragon.

What I've still yet to see is a common old seahorse! :depressed:

What eludes you?

Two things I have yet to see, and would love to see, are a mola mola, and a sailfish. I've seen dolphins, a whale, mantas, numerous sharks, and a plethora of little stuff.

I've seen sharks but I'm still looking for the hammerhead shark. Still have to see that one. And I would love to see a sea horse at some point too.

I have seen plenty of frogfish, but each one has been found by someone else and its location pointed out or described to me so that I could find it. I want to "stumble across" one of my own. Same for seahorses. I am in good company re the frogfish. A friend has done over 4000 dives on Bonaire and never found a frogfish on his own, although he has found at least one of most everything else.

I have seen a Hammerhead off of Pompano Beach in Florida. I saw a mantis shrimp at the Blue Heron Bridge. I finally saw some seahorses in Cozumel.

I want to see a manta, a whale shark, and a frog fish.

A beautiful (and intelligent) woman on her 100th dive. I've seen most of what I've wanted over the more than 50 years I've been diving... sharks of many species including great whites, mandarin fish, Rhinopias, frogfish, flamboyant cuttlefish, ocean sunfish, sea snakes, sea horses, giant sea bass, etc., etc. I would like a closer encounter with mantas, whale sharks and a whale (I did get to pet one several times in Mag Bay but I was in a Zodiac).

A beautiful (and intelligent) woman on her 100th dive.

Sorry, I already married her :) (damn I wish she read ScubaBoard!!)

I am still waiting to see dolphins & a whale shark in the water. Hammerheads are also on the list, I'm not sure a great white is on the list though.

Mola Mola....Hammerhead...Tigershark....humpback whale...manta...tons more!

Should see some of those in early 2015 at Socorro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom