Is it possible to Fubar a VT and a VEO?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ConchyJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
My wife and I have Gekko's that we have been diving with for years. My wife wanted something new and decided on a VEO 2.0. I went with the VT4.0. We used them at Molasses Reef on air no problem, and I used mine many times at BHB no problems.We head to Cayman for the week, and boy am I glad I brought the Gekko's as backups.Mine: I switched mine to EAN 32, as that is what we use exclusively in Cayman. I was on the bottom, 65 feet for maybe ten minutes and my VT4.0 was at 6 minutes NDC! I immediately went up 10 feet and it rose to 10. I had to watch it like a hawk to keep it out of deco. My second dive was OK, but I still had to watch it, yet we were 35-55 feet. Someone on the boat mentioned another person;s dive computer thinking they were diving at 3500 feet or something. I wore my Gekko the rest of the week, and compared both. The VT4.0 seemed to settle down the next day, but was 10-15 minutes closer to deco on the first dive, and 10-15 minutes further out on the second dive, as compared to the Gekko. I had to wear the VT4.0 as it is my pressure gauge.Now back home, mine says 6 ft. 199 NDC, and will not budge from that. It won't even switch to computer mode when I plug it in. Not very confidence inspiring.Wife: Her VEO 2. seemed to be fine the first day. I set it to 32 EAN, and it was fine. We decided we were both wearing Gekko's the second day. At some point in time her VEO 2.0 went into violation mode, yet the Gekko was happy and showed plenty of NDC time.I am posting this as I am looking for feedback as to what I might be missing, setting wrong, etc. If what I am saying sounds idiotic, I am OK with that as well, just send me a PM instead of throwing me under the bus in front of everyone!:( I really would like to figure these units out and use them with confidence.BTW, I am pretty sure they are both running the current firmware for each model.

Call oceanic support and get a RMA number. Your transducers went out of calibration, nothing you did. It's a well known issue.

Thanks for the feedback. I stopped, took a step back and download all the logs. I think what happened is I thought I set the VEO back properly and somehow didn't, and it it went into violation mode. Since it is on her gauge, it stayed in violation mode all week.

I have them both set the same, and will check them with the computer before we dive the next time to verify they are set to 50% off, same DSAT mode and conservative off. We really really like these computers, and just need to get used to them properly. But we will dive with the Gekkos as well to compare, and then maybe turn conservative back on and see how that compares.

Neither one of us are very technical divers. We generally dive wall islands, but I stay on top so I can shoot macro. This past week I never was past 82 feet, which is fine with me, more bottom time taking pictures of stuff the size of rice...

You can export the data to a text file and upload it here or a screen shot of the log file. Make sure your personal data is not shown before uploading.

Back
Top Bottom