Looking to add

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icechip

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am a cold water diver and would like to add some more weight to my backplate. I see that DSS has bolt on plates to add to the backplate but they will not match up and fit with my Hollis SS. Does Hollis carry anything like that? I've checked the website and have come up bupkis.

How much weight are you adding? Lots of different ways, back plates (DSS), weighted STA, pockets on cam straps etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golem Gear has bolt on weight pouches for back plates. They are long with a zipper along the side. I have been able to fit three 4lb weights in each pouch. I have one attached to my rebreather frame, though they are actually for backplates. It is called the TresPres weight system. Golem Gear, Inc. - TresPres Backplate Pocket

Pretty easy to have a metal fab shop make you up a mold to fit your "v" of the backplate and then make your own weight melting down spare lead...Where to get spare lead? Tire places are great places for that...All those little weights they pull off, they typically trash

melt in well ventilated area, pour cool, drill holes at 11 inch center

Good suggestions. Thank you for the replies. I am thinking about using 2 inch webbing strap folded over and sewn to create a fillable tube that can then be looped around my STA. I am going to make two such loops of maybe 4 pounds each.

Back
Top Bottom