PADI E-Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Altamira

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Today I received another email from PADI advertising their e-card. Although I tie my PADI and DAN cards to my regulators so I don't inadvertently leave them at home, I also have photos of all cards on my cell phone. In the event I find myself with an unexpected opportunity to dive at some time where I do not have my regulator/cards with me, I wonder if anyone has had success using a cell phone photo of the cert card as verification. Thanks in advance.

There will always be people that buy socks and shoe cleaner when they buy sneakers at Footlocker.

They can always look you up on online.

Wish I knew that.

I just got the e-card last week. I can't seem to locate my hard card when I need it and thought that sounded like a good idea. I had to upload a picture also since I have never had one on file before. Hopefully I will see how well it works in the next couple of weeks if I ever get my gear in order.

I have copies of all my cards on Drop Box. Very easy for anyone to access, with my password of course. Best part? Free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I received another email from PADI advertising their e-card. Although I tie my PADI and DAN cards to my regulators so I don't inadvertently leave them at home, I also have photos of all cards on my cell phone. In the event I find myself with an unexpected opportunity to dive at some time where I do not have my regulator/cards with me, I wonder if anyone has had success using a cell phone photo of the cert card as verification. Thanks in advance.

Tell them if they give it to you for free you'll take it. Otherwise take you off their list. This is one of the reasons I allow my students to opt out of providing an email address to the agencies I cert for. Just tell them to make one up. @nunyabusiness.com is a popular domain for that.

You can opt out for padi email. As for ecards, i have all mine as ecards. (Free at pro level). Its a fun gadgety thing to show non diving friends on my smart phone, but i wouldn't pay for them, and 1 op asked to see a card ever. Any padi shop or instructor should be able to check on padi dive check online if you dont have a card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom