Dive operations around Orlando

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ozwald

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there

So I'm from Canada...the flights just suck. I've been down to the Keys via Toronto a few times and refuse to do that anymore. Basically I will be flying from a small airport just south of the 49th and landing in Orlando, the Sanford airport. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a dive operator/shop close to that area. I'm looking for some wreck and reef dives, TecRec certified.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dayo Scuba- TJ Johnson

Dan-O

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

+1 for Dayo, but I hope you realize Orlando is not on the coast and has no wrecks or reefs. But TJ will take you to Lantana or other areas where there are great reefs and wrecks. If you're trimix certified and need mix, best to check ahead of time.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

Dive Jupiter with Randy Jordan on Emerald Charters. Best shark dives in town!

doug

I like Jupiter Dive Center as well. I usually go with Emerald Charters for Jupiter or Narcosis Dive Charters when in West Palm. Allow about 3 hours travel from Sanford to Jupiter/West Palm.

Mark

Hi Oz,

Thanks for posting the question as I am in a similar situation; well somewhat.

I'll be travelling to Orlando fairly frequently on business, and intend to to schedule over weekends from time to time simply to get some diving in. So, thank you to all the responded to Oz's OP. Although not tech certified currently, I am fairly adept at trim and buoyancy control.

As an aside Oz, I grew up just south of Winnipeg, on the US (MN) side of the border. I've fond memories of your town and points south. Drinking in Emerson was a rite of passage.

Perhaps our schedules will permit us to be in Orlando in similar time frames at some time in the future.

Rob

I can also recommend Dayo Scuba. As to diving, if you like muck dives and strange critters, the Blue Heron Bridge at West Palm Beach is good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom