SM Drysuit Inflation Bottle.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sidemount_Stu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys...
I've been reading the boards for a while, but this is my first post.... i'm new to sidemount, just getting to grips with my new Xdeep Stealth 2 system.

One thing i'm struggling with, coming from backmount twins (doubles over the pond) is my Drysuit inflation cylinder.

For when diving Trimix, I have a larger, Ali 1.5L cylinder, but cannot figure a good position for it in Sidemount.... does anyone use these and have any advice for:

1) Where to locate it?
2) How to secure it?
3) Is 1.5L physically too big for sidemount, would the above be simpler with a 1L Steel?

All help gratefully received....

Thanks

Last edited:
I inflate from backgas or deco gas...

Inflating from Backgas when diving Trimix is not a good solution due to both cooling characteristics and cost!

Deco gas is more favourable than Backgas.... unless on 80-100% O2 of course.

When diving Air/Nitrox, running from backgas is fine..... i'm specifically referring to when Trimix diving......hence offboard suit feed.

(Edited original post to make the Trimix reasoning a bit clearer, cheers)

I use a standard 6 CF aluminum bottle when diving trimix ... on a Dive Rite XT rig ... and mount the bottle vertically along the edge of the backplate, using a standard Halcyon strap and a piece of bungee around the tank valve, which is pointing down. I use a 24-inch LP hose, routed under my right arm to the drysuit. Works just fine, and maintains a pretty good low profile while diving. I use the little D-rings already on the rig to secure the tank strap and bungee.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Inflating from Backgas when diving Trimix is not a good solution due to both cooling characteristics and cost!

Deco gas is more favourable than Backgas.... unless on 80-100% O2 of course.

When diving Air/Nitrox, running from backgas is fine..... i'm specifically referring to when Trimix diving......hence offboard suit feed.

(Edited original post to make the Trimix reasoning a bit clearer, cheers)

See post above... similar solution... depending on what percentage of helium in the mix and environment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom