Haigh opens Monday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CD_in_Chitown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking at their website and it appears they open March 1st, that's Monday as best I can tell. Anyone planning on heading down opening day? Drop me a line if you're looking for a buddy, or have room for a tag along. The warm weather lately has me itching to get wet somehow somewhere. It's going on 60 days since I left Seattle, I'm going to need a rubber room if I don't submerge soon :bounce:

Chris

cd_in_SeaTac:
I'm looking at their website and it appears they open March 1st, that's Monday as best I can tell. Anyone planning on heading down opening day? Drop me a line if you're looking for a buddy, or have room for a tag along. The warm weather lately has me itching to get wet somehow somewhere. It's going on 60 days since I left Seattle, I'm going to need a rubber room if I don't submerge soon :bounce:

Chris

I'm pretty sure it's iced over, so I doubt she'll be able to open Monday, although it's supposed to warm this weekend. I think I'll shoot her an email or give a call to see.

You know fire departments have been known to de-ice quarries with gallons of water.....

just a thought.

Tina emailed me today and says that she still has a couple of inches of ice so it would be next weekend at the earliest, maybe later than that.

Can't believe I missed this thread...

Anyone interested in going to Haigh anytime please PM me. My schedule is pretty flexible and I'd be excited at getting out there before the OW classes start up again!

Hantzu

I'll be there Sunday with my buddy if anyone wants to come on out with us.

i am going tomorrow :cheeky: hopefully i'll be there around noon. it is after all almost a 3 hour drive for me. cant wait, last time i dove it was under the ice...

well, just got back from Haigh. it was my first time down there and it was a good time. viz was about 25 to 30 ft and not too many fish were out and about. what temp was in the mid to high 30's. there were several other divers there (6-8) and more were arriveing when i was leaveing.

a few pictures from Haigh on 3/13/04. the pic looking up is from a platform @25 ft. pretty good viz. what is viz normally there anyways? the second on is me.

a few more. two are of my buddy giving split fins a go and one at the rock crusher. then one of me clearing my ears... :54:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom