Moving to Ottawa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm going to start driving from Edmonton to Ottawa next Friday!

Really excited to have diving location that are closer than 3 hours of driving.

Any good recommendations?

Both Diver's Wearhouse and Kanata Diving Supply are great people and regularly have weekday and weekend group dives. No cost, just sign up and meet them wherever it is scheduled. Great way to meet other divers and get familiar with a few of the common shore dives.
There are often boat dives for a fee as well.
I believe there is an active club in Orleans as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try this: drive south down Bank street all the way until it ends in Morrisburg. Jump off the dock - you will find the old lock 23. Locks 21, 22, 23 & 28 are all diveable from shore. These are some of my favourite sites. Lots more lost village type sites closer to Cornwall. Dive the Eastcliffe. Brockville. Thousand islands.

Joining a dive club is one of the best ways to get out.

Wow Thanx Guys!

I (will) live on Bank street near the airport so go down bank makes a lot of sense to me lol

@Glitterdun: will do!

Tons of diving! If you need a refresher there's the quarry and lots of easy, fun shore sites within an hours drive from the airport.

I dive with a group who met through Sharky's and we get together every Wed. One of the instructors owns a house on the waterfront in Morrisburg which is awesome for group dives!
The three shops in the area are competitive with each other - shop around if you're looking to buy something and don't forget about Mat down at Scuba Geek who runs a great, well priced shop out of his house.
Check out the websites for each shop, dive with the groups and see what gels with you. I'm back in Ottawa on July 20 and I'm already itching to get in the St Lawrence.

No one mentioned Morrison's quarry yet?!

Located on the quebec side is the perfect place for a refresher, test new gear and get to know all the local divers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom