30th Annual DAN BBQ at Portage Quarry -Weekend of July 18, 19, and 20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jim Lapenta

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
A few weeks from now is the DAN BBQ at Portage Quarry. As in past years UDM Aquatic Services (me) will be attending and bringing students! In addition I have secured a very cool prize for the raffle. In fact it's on it's way to me. Last year I and HOG/Edge provided a BPW system. The year before that was a regulator. Along with some other smaller stuff that again will make an appearance.

But this year is special. In honor of getting my latest Tech Instructor certs (which I did by the way in side mount) the big prize this year from UDM Aquatics and HOG/Edge is going to be a new HOG Sidemount BC.

I will have mine there and a student is going to bring his so you can all get a look at one up close before the Sunday raffle.

I have only missed one DAN BBQ in since I started attending in 2005. So this will be my eighth year there. Please come out and support a great cause at a great location managed by two of the best people I know - Jeff and Monica.

I will also be conducting the OW dives for one students OW sidemount cert, and have another doing an Intro to Tech Class (in which there is room for 3 more students. Message me for details). So once again I am asking all my friends and customers that can make it to come on out. July 18, 19, and 20th.

Next week is the BBQ! Just giving this a bump. Two other prizes that are going to be given away are two weeklong trips on Blackbeard's!
In addition my friend Andy Silverman who owns Columbus Scuba is providing a regulator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom