Olympus PEN E-PL1 Camera(s) (2x bodies) + 14-42mm II Kit lens and PT-EP01 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhelmuth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Great intro micro 4/3 (four-thirds) system as upgrade from tiny sensored compact or as an advanced beginner base system. Retail value is not really relevant given advances of today’s camera electronics, but this system is by no means outdated, nor is it lacking. When new (back in 2011), one would have paid $500 for the housing, and the camera body alone was $499 (with kit lens, $599). So it’s not a cheap rig. But realistically, today’s prices would not fetch so much and I am going to offer this at $545 + shipping to your door. Why two bodies? Simply to act as insurance against a flood. It’s cheaper than buying insurance and gives you the added luxury to have a spare (which is way better than waiting for a check or replacement), which you might use above the water, etc.

• Camera bodies and lens have latest firmware updates (1.3 body – 1.1 lens)
  • Includes 2x batteries + charger with AC power cord
  • Includes 4GB SanDisk Extreme III class 6 SDHC photo card
  • All original software, manuals, and cables
  • Housing with all original accessories (never flooded)
  • Includes the Zoom ring for the housing to use the lens zoom capabilities.

Camera body A has just over 300 (309 at this time) actuations (total exposures), and B has just over 3300 (3324 at this time) actuations (so these are very lightly used) and rig has approx. 80 dives in total (counting pool dives for teaching and experimentation).
Camera and housing have very little to no detectable wear and would be considered to be in like-new condition and port was never used in water (replaced with Zen dome port and 9-18mm lens) – lens has seen less than 100 photos use, all top-side.

If buyer would like to have the original boxes they will be provided (but keep in mind this will likely drive up the cost of shipping).

I have 100% perfect reputation with ebay (score of 574 ID = coach*jim since 2000) and on every forum I’ve ever sold anything (and typically I get feedback that notes condition is even better than I described). But I always will listen to any complaints you might have if this is not what you expected. Even if you change your mind, I’m happy to refund everything except shipping as long as it’s returned back to me in same condition and all original materials.

Reason for sale is purchase of a newer upgraded system.

I will also separate IF I have no takers or I can find buyers for all pieces…

• Housing = $325 (add $25 for the zoom ring if you want it)
  • Camera (body only) = $100
  • Camera with lens and accessories = $150
  • Zoom ring for m.Zuiko 14-42mm ED lens (for use in PT-EPxx housings) = $30

If interested, please send an email to jimhelmuth@gmail.com in addition to any post reply (just so I can be sure to respond ASAP).
Pictures will be provided at a later time as proof of condition, or as requested - but note that the condition of all said equipment is very much like brand new, so you can also find more pics and information on the internet.

Thanks,

Jim

---------- Post added July 7th, 2014 at 03:02 PM ----------

PS... I can take paypal if necessary.

---------- Post added July 7th, 2014 at 07:03 PM ----------

PSS... forgot to include the zoom ring for the lens - INCLUDED!

---------- Post added July 8th, 2014 at 04:17 PM ----------

Don't be shy about offers. I will absolutely sell this within the next 6 months (the sooner - the better), so let's not let a few $$$ get in the way!

Last edited:
Price drop.... $475 for everything.

guys - don't be shy to let me know what this is worth to you (as long as you are genuinely interested).

Email sent, you've got a deal if we can work out the details.

Steve W.

... email reply sent. Just get me the info and we can get this to you ASAP!

Jim

---------- Post added July 10th, 2014 at 11:52 AM ----------

I'm gonna call this SOLD! (pending receipt of funds)

Thank you Steve - you are gonna really love this setup (I know I did)...

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom