Line to the Rothesay AWOL - Prescott, Ontario?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bolts

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

A buddy and I went to the Rothesay last night anticipating an easy dive. Find the line and follow it to the wreck...

Well, that first part was way more difficult than I had anticipated. We searched for about 40 minutes to find the line, but no luck. I thought for sure we would have stumbled on it at some point.

Anyone else know if/when the line is truly gone AWOL or maybe my nav skills need some work... Or possibly both... :coffee:

Line was there two weeks ago when we dove it. The jugs are missing so finding the line is a bit difficult. Easiest way is to go straight out about 50 ft and then drift down river and you should find the line (no more than 1-2 minutes). You have to look along the bottom as well as up as some of the jugs connected to the line pull it up quite a bit.

Easiest way is to go straight out about 50 ft and then drift down river and you should find the line (no more than 1-2 minutes).

That's basically what we did...we started upstream a bit from where we thought it was, hit the bottom and swam towards the American side while the current carried us towards where the line was (or where we thought it would be). We tried this over and over, varying the distance we ended up swimming from the Canadian shore.

I checked the line today and they are still in place. I have put a small jug on the first block so people should now have a reference. Once I get a bigger jug I will replace it. BTW the viz was not good today (10-15ft at the wreck but maybe 5 ft near shore).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom