New wreck in SE Lake Huron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hbb

Registered
Reaction score
I have been hearing rumors from a couple sources of a steamer found in Lake Huron with Ford Model T's on deck. Is this a bunch of hot air or is there anyone diving it?

Do you have anymore information than what is posted? I don't have any steamers that sank after 1907 on the Canadian or American side of the lake that would have a Model T. The Charles C Ryan, Louise, and possibly the City Of Sandusky is still missing in "lower" Lake Huron. We found a wreck straddling the border off Sanilac, but never dove on it to confirm it's identity.

I poured through my records on the wrecks in Lake Huron. There is no listed wreck with the loss of automobiles. There is the Goodyear carrying a luxury Pullman car and the schooner Arturus with the loss of a steam locomotive.

You may have heard about a semi recent discovery of the Senator which carries 1929-30 Nash automobiles on her decks in 485ft of water in Lake Michigan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom