Snorkel recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FettSolo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey folks,

My faithful old snorkel seems to be on its way out - the clip snapped during last week's dive trip, and so there's no good way to attach it to my mask now.

Anyhow, as good a time as any to replace it. Any suggestions? This snorkel would be worn while scuba diving, snorkeling (duh!), and a bit of freediving (I can freedive to 70ft, but I mostly just dive down to 30ft or less, nothing serious).

your local dive shop probably has those silicone snorkel keepers in a candy jar by the register.

If you really want to buy a new snorkel, my favorite for diving is the roll up kind I can easily stick in a pocket, since like many people I don't like wearing a snorkel on my mask while diving. Your preference may depend on if it's something you use on most dives, or practically never. I don't like it as much for actual snorkeling though, so I'd still keep the old one and treat it to a new snorkel keeper.

your local dive shop probably has those silicone snorkel keepers in a candy jar by the register.

If you really want to buy a new snorkel, my favorite for diving is the roll up kind I can easily stick in a pocket, since like many people I don't like wearing a snorkel on my mask while diving. Your preference may depend on if it's something you use on most dives, or practically never. I don't like it as much for actual snorkeling though, so I'd still keep the old one and treat it to a new snorkel keeper.
no candy jar...on the wall to the right of the register..cost a whopping $1.95..gotta sell a lot of them to make rent payments. very local to Fett Solo..maybe 5 minutes from Eastchester. Scuba NY on Central Ave Yonkers..drop by tmorrow and I'll be sure to show you correct way to attach it..most people do it wrong and it will pull on the corner of your mouth and always in the way. Learned the trick on attachment from years of freediving and spearfishing up in Newport RI.

Thanks for the replies, everybody! oly5050user, I can't swing by Scuba NY tomorrow, but maybe later this week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom