LED 25 light head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spg01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
1. How tight should the retainer ring be on the light head? The ring that holds the glass down.

2. The light head flooded but was still working. Should I send it in or just clean it and hope for the best?

I went diving Saturday and noticed that the light beam looked a little funny So I turned it off and it looked like the glass was frosted. After the dive I looked again and it was actually milky looking water. When trying to figure out how the water got in I tapped the head and noticed a little clink. The retaining ring that holds the glass to the oring for a seal was loose. So I took it apart and rinsed with clean water and after drying it off it is sitting in a plastic bag with a handful of desiccant packs drying out.

Hopefully it will still work, but I am not sure why the ring would come loose. Any ideas on why it would loosen up?

Bryan

Good news is that the light still works. But when I put the everything back together the reflector for the light is still loose inside the head and clinks around. I might not have tightened the retaining nut enough, but it looks like that would not matter and need a spacer or pad under the reflector to hold it in place.

Has anyone ever seen assembly drawings on one of these? I was tempted to try and take the back side apart where the cord goes in to see if there was corrosion behind the LED. But I was not brave enough to do that. So far a few emails, a pm and a phone message left with no response.

Contact Hollis directly. Nick was very helpful and the tech guys talked me through the whole thing.

Mine was a used unit and they were still willing to check it out for free. Mine was in fresh water and cleaned up, dryed out fine. it has been working ever since all the way to 300'+.

If you were in salt water, you are going to need factory help and some new parts in there.

I actually got a hold of customer service today. They did ask if I sent an email earlier, go figure. But they would not let me talk to a tech because they do not have phones. They also kind of remembered me because it has been sent in before a few times.

So they are supposed to talk to a manager and get back to me.

Contact NICK directly. He will get things sorted out for you.

I sent him a PM on the 14th and nothing yet. I would imagine he only checks here every few days when he gets a chance.

Contact NICK directly. He will get things sorted out for you.

Nick getting things stored, in my experience, is never the issue. Once he's on it all gets fixed pretty quickly. However, actually making contact with him is often more problematic, in my experience. YMMV.

Hopefully Nick will log on soon. Dealing with customer support has not gone well so far.

No word from Nick yet and trying to get a hold of customer support is basically useless unless you call and actually talk to a person. But even that is hit or miss on if they actually do what they say they are going to do. So do not leave a message or use email, they just do not reply that way.

They actually have had the light for over a week and they have no idea what is going on with it. They might talk to a repair guy to find out, but I have never got a call back with any information. It seems like every time they repair something on the light something else goes wrong with it. They have all been free repairs so far, but I am going to go broke sending it back. After all this is the 4th time I have had to send it to them.

So much for the rumor that they hired 6 or 7 repair technicians and getting things turned around quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom