Need help with PADI recertification in AZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mfox007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Everyone,

I am looking for recommendations for a dive shop in the valley. I did my PADI certification through Scuba Magic back in September of 2012. Not to long after that my daughter was born, and then a few months after that I had major nose and throat surgery. Unfortunately, I have not dived since. I have a few trips coming up this year, and will be diving. I need to find somewhere that I can do a re-certification. Recommendations? One of my good friends is in the same boat. He was certified in the Navy years ago, but needs to re-certify. Any help would be great. Thanks!!!

- Mike

If you completed your Padi open water course you do not need re-certification, it is a lifetime certification. But refresher dives in a pool supervised by a instructor in highly recommended.

If you completed your Padi open water course you do not need re-certification, it is a lifetime certification. But refresher dives in a pool supervised by a instructor in highly recommended.

PC, thanks for the info. I think refresher is what I meant. I guess I was under the impression that if you had not logged a dive a certain period of time a refresher/recert was required

Absolutely. I contacted the guys at No Limit Scuba here in Chandler, AZ. For my buddy and I to do a re-fresher will be $60/ea and that includes all the rental equipment, pool time, and one on one with the instructor. Should be doing it in the next few weeks. Thanks!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom