Scuba Research

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys might want to revise your survey. Question #1 only lets a person choose one answer. To show you the problem...

I am mainly a travel diver with some supplemental local quarry diving, recreational, consider myself beyond beginner but not truly advanced as such is understood on this forum, and I do have a PADI Rescue diver cert. but I'm not looking to play lifeguard if I don't have to. So, I need to pick a number of your options, but also am missing one (recreational - intermediate).

I can't go on with your survey because I don't want to give you bad data.

I'm not a hair splitter. I think others will run into similar difficulty.

Richard.

I'm a technical diver, a wreck diver, and a few other types of diver. You seem to want me to pick one?

I have no idea what "safety" is versus "performance" and "reliability"; I suspect the survey's author is equally confused.

The "any limitations" questions are too vague to offer any meaningful reply.

The lack of mask volume as a criteria was surprising.

I tried to do you survey also, but I quit. You should have hired someone who knows how to make survey questions to help you.

Hi Everyone -

Thanks for the feedback. As you might have guessed we are definitely not professional survey writers! However, we are interested in your feedback and have tried to incorporate it into the survey. Thanks for taking the time to look at the survey. Hopefully its a bit better now.

I got stuck immediately trying to differentiate between safety, reliability and performance, when I consider them all shades of the same attribute.

Writing good surveys is both an art and a science. It's seldom done well, especially if you want it to also be unbiased. Why not answer this one as best you can, and where you run into difficulties, make comments in the free response blocks provided on the later pages?

What I'd like to know is something about the people asking for the information and for what intended use.

Well they don't require any personal data, so I don' care who they are :wink:

why were there only questions about wetsuits? what about drysuits. i skipped most of those questions as they didn't pertain to me and the diving i do

Back
Top Bottom