Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't dove in SJ yet but my diver friends did and had a discussion about the place when we met up. It's not that they don't like the place, for SJ is absolutely lovely but the diving near the area ain't that good according to them. They asked locals for better recommendations and they were told to check out Fajardo, Rincon, Aguadilli, the La Parguara area, Vieques and then Culebra. Don't take my word for it though because I was not there but all I can say is I trust my friends. Also, just a friendly reminder, diving in PR can be pretty expensive so you gotta prep up.

Last edited:
I live in San Juan and drive to Playa Santa, Guanica at least twice monthly. It's the best to my opinion. Dive with Island Scuba. Small operation, great service, great dives!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I stayed in San Juan a couple weeks ago and drove to Fajardo twice to dive with Casa del Mar, at El Conquistador resort. The first day was their "Culebra and Vieques" trip. The dive sites were Carlos Rosario and Luis Pena. This was a combined snorkeling/scuba trip and it seemed that all of the divers except me were very inexperienced. The sites were not very impressive- very little sea life and we basically just followed the guide out and back along the reef.

A couple days later I went back for their local dive trip and it was much better. There were only three divers on the boat. My daughter and I had a guide to ourselves and he did a. Ice job showing us around Sand Slide and Cayo Diablo. The coral was very nice and their were more fish than the previous day, as well as a number of turtles. Still not among the best dive sites I've seen, but it was enjoyable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom