Green Lake, WI diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey all. This was asked (10 years ago) but the thread didn't have any info.

Has anyone dove green lake in wisconsin? My buddy and I are going out next weekend and have a boat, but we're wondering if there is anything down there to look at besides weeds and fish? Any downed boats or anything?

Thanks!
Jeff

Hey all. This was asked (10 years ago) but the thread didn't have any info.

Has anyone dove green lake in wisconsin? My buddy and I are going out next weekend and have a boat, but we're wondering if there is anything down there to look at besides weeds and fish? Any downed boats or anything?

Thanks!
Jeff
We dive Big Green frequently. It is a great place to spear panfish, it has some giant rock bass too. Fish suspend on those fish cribs, any fishing map will show where they are. There are great rock walls in several areas, and some really fast dropoffs if you are into terrain. The bad thing is that there are just a lot of boats with idiots driving them. Message me if you are interested in going, groups are always fun!

Zombie thread! Which part of Wisconsin is this in? I've dived near Hudson and also in Lake Wazee.

I actually just created an account for this thread. I was recently certified, and get up to Green Lake almost every summer. Where on the lake would you recommend? I've a little snorkeling by the rock "cliffs" on the south side of the lake and in Norwegian Bay. I probably qualify as an "idiot boater" -- and I would agree that the lake is tons of fun for boats, which may well make it difficult for those that actually want to swim\dive in it.

I actually just created an account for this thread. I was recently certified, and get up to Green Lake almost every summer. Where on the lake would you recommend? I've a little snorkeling by the rock "cliffs" on the south side of the lake and in Norwegian Bay. I probably qualify as an "idiot boater" -- and I would agree that the lake is tons of fun for boats, which may well make it difficult for those that actually want to swim\dive in it.
We usually go off the two southern boat landings. Unless you have private access to the lake or someone who can watch the boat while you dive they are really the only two options that we have found. It's a long swim but you can reach the cribs north of the beach , and if you like deep water, hundred feet out from the south east landing you can get well beyond recreational depth really quick.

By the way, is there anyplace anywhere near Green Lake to rent tanks?
Define near. You'll need to drive at least an hour to find a dive shop. Divers' Realm, in the Appleton area is probably closest. There are also dive shops in Stevens Point, Madison, and the Milwaukee area.

Thanks very much for the info. Always think about trying to dive when I get up there -- haven't managed it yet, though. Appreciate the response.

Back
Top Bottom