4 GPOs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Predictably we saw four Giant Pacific Octopus this afternoon on the clay wall at Mukilteo State Park. Since the tide was out and slack it was a fairly shallow <60' dive with only the slightest hint of current.

I swam with a herd of tubesnouts for a while, saw a Sun Star threesome locked in mortal combat and watched a good sized cabezon pretend it was invisible. That and all the rest of the stuff we always see.

As we were swimming back across the eel grass at 15' I heard a whomp and sure enough we were buzzed by a sea lion. I think it slapped its tail on the surface before dive bombing us.

The sky was broken clouds with only a slight breeze when we entered the water but we came up to a good blow with white caps across to Whidbey Island. A squall was moving up Sound and a lone sailboat was working its way North from Possession Head running before the wind with a following sea.

Beautiful PNW day.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I dont like you anymore UP...

I was planning on going diving this WE here in MA, but instead, my nephews are coming to visit. DOH!!!!!! I cant deny a 4 and a 1 1/2 yr old, can I???

Sigh. Wanna hear about my day? Computers, work, computers, blah blah blah blah...

I do my first dives since AUGUST in 8 days time. There's already an established scuba room (former bedroom) in my house - I feel like throwing a bucket of water over my gear to remind it of what it's like to get wet.

Well it was a make up day since I didn't get to go Tuesday and I probably won't get to go tomorrow either.

However this coming Monday we do Day Island Wall.... ahem.... as mentioned in Rodale's World's Best Wall Dive Locations. There might not be as many GPO but there will be Wolf Eels. I didn't see any at Mukilteo today.

Fantastic dive report. I'm very jealous.
Thanks for sharing!

I might be moving to Seattle to go to med school in a year or two. You better watch out if I do, I'll make you show me around :wink:

Uncle Pug:
Well it was a make up day since I didn't get to go Tuesday and I probably won't get to go tomorrow either.

However this coming Monday we do Day Island Wall.... ahem.... as mentioned in Rodale's World's Best Wall Dive Locations. There might not be as many GPO but there will be Wolf Eels. I didn't see any at Mukilteo today.
We just have to remember to stay near the top of the wall this time. :) We missed almost all the Wolfies last time because we didn't.

I'm still surprised they gave me the day off of work, though. I even told them why I was asking (though they would know why anyway!). Is your group staying for both dives, UP? We may need a big table at the Pine Cone!

Jimmie

Well we are going to the Pine Cone Monday and throwing in a dive before and after if that is what you mean.

Uncle Pug or whomever, you had mentioned the Mukilteo State Park wall. I have received numerous "reports" as to the location of the wall. Some say directly out from the bathrooms, I've heard to the left, I've heard to the right. Would you please confirm the actual location of this wall?

I often dive by the dock and go find the bowl, but it would be nice to dive on the wall.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom