Maximum Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencer Crabtree

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody ever heard of Maximum Scuba? They are a small shop ran by Jeff Gordon and his wife in Houston, Seabrook, and Lake Jackson. If you ever get the chance to visit these shops take the opportunity. They are great people and it is a great shop. Houston and Seabrook is only a shop. Lake Jackson is the Mammoth Lake dive shop and it has a huge (guesstimate) 80 acre lake. It has all kinds of things to dive down and look at like planes and a space shuttle courtesy of NASA. If you are looking for a freshwater lake to dive in take the trip to Mammoth Lake in Lake Jackson TX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are a good bunch of people. Mammoth lake ,,,Great training facility. The lake is i believe 55 acres. Some think of it as scuba disneyland.

Planning on doing my DM with them out of Seabrook. I know them pretty well and have dove with them on several occasions. IMO, the best in the Clear Lake City area........

The staff at Mammoth is great. They are always ready to help. I live in Angleton so it's nice being able to pack up and make the 15 minute drive to the the park.

I'll jump in and agree with everyone that has posted thus far. I had a chance to dive Mammoth during a family vacation with the invitation from a friend of mine, Tripntx here on the board. My son and I only got a chance to see 10% of the place, but enjoyed it nonetheless and will be back. I also got to meet Jeff Gordon. My initial impression? Super nice, fun loving type of a guy who takes care of his customers. Oh and, if you get a chance to dive with that Tripntx fella, he's not too bad himself. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom