how many regs do you have?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PoseidonsEnforcer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently got into drysuit diving and was wondering if folks typically have a reg setup for diving wet and diving dry, or do you just swap hoses? I guess I don't like the idea of having my drysuit inflator hose floating around when diving wet, but maybe that is an irrational fear?

8 first stages, 12 second stages. Duplicates, DIN versions, retired veterans, things purpose dedicated like secondaries, stages, etc. Only 3 or 4 sets get regular use.

I myself pretty much always dive dry but when I do dive wet I just tuck the inflator hose down my backplate out of the way. However, if I'm going on a vacation or will be diving wet for more than a few dives I'll take the hose off and plug the port. If it makes you comfortable, then I'd remove the hose. It's wicked easy to do and only takes a few minutes with two tools (allen and open ended or crescent wrench).

As for multiple setups, I have backups to my backups and so I could always grab a setup that doesn't have an inflator hose but usually will just dive my primary rig.

Just tuck the drysuit hose into the bands holding the tank, or into a trim pocket or secure it somewhat somehow. Extra full sets of regs just isn't for my tax bracket.

Having the hose tucked away makes it handy for inflating SMBs or lift bags. You'd probably have to unplug it to do so anyway if you were diving dry. (As for reg sets, at least 9, including rebreather, sidemount, and back mounted doubles, in addition to stage and deco regs.)

+ whatever for tucking away the hose. I have 3 sets of regs (twinset and stage) + another first stage for my suit inflate system

ten HOG 1sts, a dozen seconds. One Edge first and a pair of Edge seconds. Two Oceanic 1sts and three seconds. One US Divers 1st, 2 seconds. a few Sherwood seconds, one OMS drysuit inflation reg. I have a dry suit inflation hose on my doubles set, single tank set, and sm set. I use a couple pieces of inner tube around the hp hose and slip the drysuit hose through it when diving wet. Keeps it nice and clean. Also a convenient connector for a blow gun for lift bags and smbs. Can also be used for a dive alert that I can keep in my pocket so the inflator does not get junked up with it.

You can also tuck the hose along side your Inflator hose. Use some 1in bicycle scrap tubing and loop it around the whole corrugate hose, then slide your inflator hose through that.
Works better than those plastic clips.

If it really bugs you that much, it's not too hard to take off the hose.

As for me, I have 3 regs.
One I use, one's sitting in a box because it's a pneumatic Scubapro Mk6. No preference for it; got it on ebay thinking it was a Mk5.
And the third is a SP Mk2, waiting for the day I get a Stage/Pony.

Thanks everyone, I guess there wouldn't be any entanglement risks if you tucked the hose in your bc.

Do you guys service all those 1st and 2nd stages yearly, or just the ones you use the most? I could see that getting pricey (unless of course you service them yourself)!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom