Cord length for sidemounted cannister light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dhboner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am having a longer cord installed on my Hollis 15W LED light to make it useable in sidemount configuration. I will be mounting the canister on my back near the butt plate on my Hollis SMS 75. Can anyone suggest the right cord length.

nope, not possible. You have to do it or have someone help you do it. Two ways. Take a piece of rope and with your left hand hold it down where you will be putting said light, then with the other hand reach straight up, and bend to the left. That is the bare minimum distance you need. Add probably 6-12" to give a little wiggle room, and about 4 more inches if you aren't having a right angle put on there.

I am 6' 1" and I use a length of 72" for a butt mounted canister. This allows me to use light head in left or right hand in case I am using a DPV,plus reach at full arm length. If there is excess length,then I wrap around my arm and keep streamlined.

Back
Top Bottom