16 lb QB weight pocket buckles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geoff w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
About a year ago one of the plastic buckles on my 16 lb QB weight pocket (8 lbs each side) cracked at the top, so the buckle would just slide up and down on the webbing and the pocket with weights could slide out. Here are a few pictures of where the buckle cracked on the top where it goes into the webbing on the pocket to show what happened. Dive Rite's customer service was awesome as usual - I sent the pocket in and they fixed it quickly and sent it back right away! These pockets are from 2011, before Dive Rite changed the design

IMG_20130708_075703.jpgIMG_20130708_075650.jpgIMG_20130708_075642.jpg

Now, almost exactly one year later, the same thing happened to the weight pocket on the other side! Has anyone else had this problem, or am I doing something wrong with the way I am loading in the weights? Is the new design more sturdy? I use soft weights, and typically don't stuff each weight pocket to the full 8 pounds a side. As seen in the pictures, weight pockets are mounted vertically. I really like the Dive Rite weight pockets, but am worried because my wife has the same setup and don't want anything to happen to her weights while diving!

I just talked to John in Dive Rite's repair department. Essentially, it's a plastic buckle and occasionally they break because something hits them, often on a dive boat (their stuff is so well made I don't baby it). I'm sending it to him this afternoon so they can fix it and get it back to me. Awesome customer service from Dive Rite as usual :)

Replacement weight pocket came in the mail today from Dive Rite. What wonderful customer service! Now I need to get it wet and test it out this weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom