SUEX XK2, XK1, and XJoy37

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trace Malinowski

Training Agency President
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
This past weekend I volunteered to help John Glodowski (ScubaGlow, LLC.) and Casey McKinlay (North American distributor for the SUEX product line) at a SUEX Demo event held at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. As a DPV instructor, my participation allowed me to spend 2 days taking people on "try rides" and testing the fleet of SUEX products for myself. To be honest the guys couldn't get me off the XK2, XK1 and XJoy37 scooters!

My favorite dive was on day 2 when Casey McKinlay and John Rose of the WKPP followed me for an hour long tour of the 47 acre submerged quarry. First, it was an honor to dive with two of the best cave divers in the world and I can't say enough about how much fun I had diving with them and hanging out for the weekend. The SUEX on the other hand left me speechless!

Casey's XK2 blew the second stage off my mouthpiece on day 1 of the event! Up to this point all of my DPV/Scooter experience had been on short body scooters such as the Gavin, X-Scooter and Genesis or toys such as the Mako and Apollo. I'm now absolutely spoiled!

While most divers will find the SUEX XJoy37 to be superb if not superior to anything else on the market for their recreational, technical, and cave diving needs, the XK2 and XK1 scooters are the ultimate thrill ride. On half trigger you go like a bat out of hell. On full trigger you are catapulted into inner space like an astronaut strapped to a Saturn V. All of these scooters are properly balanced and trimmed ready to go right out of the box. Casey's XK2 floats slightly prop down until the optional air-filled compass/instrument mount is installed then that bad boy floats perfectly horizontal and neutral - 0 degrees trim, 0 foot window like it's held by a ghost in the water column. Eerie and cool beyond belief. The scooters track like Formula One cars into turns. By day 2, I could slalom the long bodies through the attractions and pump house steel trusses as if they were short body scooters. One of my students expressed his enthusiasm for the XK2 by looping it with a beaming smile behind his mouthpiece.

Find one of these events and see for yourself.

Oh, if you are thinking about an optional scooter pad in the crotch of your drysuit ... GET IT!

Last edited:
I am extremely satisfied with my xjoy 37. After riding a bunch of scooters over the last 10 years or more and diving with friends with other brands I went with the Suex, price, performance and a corporate history of building solid scooters used by the military and explorers made the 37 the "complete" package.

This past weekend I volunteered to help John Glodowski (ScubaGlow, LLC.) and Casey McKinlay (North American distributor for the SUEX product line) at a SUEX Demo event held at Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. As a DPV instructor, my participation allowed me to spend 2 days taking people on "try rides" and testing the fleet of SUEX products for myself. To be honest the guys couldn't get me off the XK2, XK1 and XJoy37 scooters!

My favorite dive was on day 2 when Casey McKinlay and John Rose of the WKPP followed me for an hour long tour of the 47 acre submerged quarry. First, it was an honor to dive with two of the best cave divers in the world and I can't say enough about how much fun I had diving with them and hanging out for the weekend. The SUEX on the other hand left me speechless!

Story time with John Rose is my favorite. That guy has seen everything and he's been around forever.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom