While checking my first stage I noticed the rubber plug is gone.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trexmdr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
While checking my first stage I noticed the rubber plug is gone. The black rubber plug is missing.
Is that a port?
Do I need to replace the plug before diving?
Thanks
Rt

Maybe take a picture of what you are talking about. Are you talking about the cover of the din regulator or a yoke regulator?

If you connect it to a tank and turn it on, and nothing blasts air all over the place...no. If not, well, there's your answer.

Is this a Sherwood?

Got a picture?

Bob

Thanks,
Will try to post a pic.
It is a yolk type
It is a Sherwood and air does not come blasting out but when I cover it with my thumb there is a little air pressure build up after 15 secs but not much.
RT

Yes you should replace the bleeder cover... That is how Sherwood 1 stages are made... A small amount of air is aloud to bleed through to stop it from freezing in cold water diving..

Jim

Take it to a dive shop so they can look at it first hand.
That plug is an exhaust port and if it is compromised you can have a serious leak on the first stage.
That port is what dictates how much air your first stage is giving you at depth. If it bursts, you lose all your IP and you're sucking out of a straw at depth.

Your description but lack of air leaks is conflicting info. I wouldn't trust anyone's advice here unless you posted a detailed photo.
Even then we can't do air checks and feel checks from our arm chairs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom