Connecting VT 4.1 to Mac via USB: Correct order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silty Sam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there a correct order to connect my VT 4.1 to my Mac via USB for downloading?

I cannot get a consistent connection where the "PC connection 120 seconds" message comes up. It seems to be random or "magic."

I let the VT4.1 sleep, connect the USB cable to the Mac, plug the cable into the VT4.1 and then wake it up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I found a thread here mentioning that the connection must be very dry. Is that the problem?

I'm importing data into MacDive.

Thanks for any assistance.

I have a VT4.1 and use MacDive so here's how I do it and I've never had a problem.

I always have the USB cable plugged into my iMac. I open the MacDive application and turn my VT 4.1 on. Then I connect the VT 4.1 to the USB cable and it displays the message "PC connection 120 seconds". Then I select download dives in MacDive.

This may not be THE way to do it, but thats just the way I've always done it. Wet terminals would cause a problem but I always give my VT 4.1 time to dry after a dive before I attempt connection.

Hope this method works for you.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was following a similar process, but since I posted I've been using canned air to dry off the connectors and that has given me instant results.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom