Aeris A5 oceans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bouldar

Registered
Reaction score
Is a new aeris A5 oceans worth $210? I am a xxl and want a back inflation. I found a new one for this price. Should I get it or wait for something used?

---------- Post added August 7th, 2014 at 07:08 PM ----------

There is no close Aeris dealer either.

Aeris is getting swallowed back into Oceanic, so check on Oceanic dealers for long term things.

Right now, there is a bunch of Aeris branded stuff that is getting closed out because of the switchover, so there should be lots of deal for a while. Closeouts on brand shutdowns are usually well worth it when the brand is getting reintegrated back into the larger company, because the larger company will cover things.

Aeris and Oceanic have been swap replaceable since the beginning too.

(As a different sort of thing, when Mares bought Dacor to get the Dacor dealer network, they stopped supporting all the Dacor equipment because it was never a corporate cousin.)

I currently dive a Zeagle Stiletto, but originally wanted to buy the Aeris 5 Oceans in large part because of the reviews it got from Scuba Diving magazine. It garnered tester's choice in it's reviews. Fairly light travel BC, back inflate and testers like the comfortable fit. The only drawback I could see was lack of pockets. It looks to have a large D-ring with carabiner on one of the shoulders but was hard to make out if it had other D-ring clips. At that price I would definitely consider buying it, especially if you can return if fit is not quite right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom