Geo 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencer Crabtree

Registered
Reaction score
I just bought the oceanic geo 2 and I know most about it. But I have a couple questions?

1. Does the ascend alarm go off automatically or do you have to turn that on?

2. You hold down the mode button and dive mode comes on. Does it come up with current depth and max depth instantly or do you have to set it?

I found everything else out by the video but not those two.

I have the Geo 2 and its interface is confusing until you get comfortable with it.

1) I haven't noticed an ascend alarm. I watch the bar graph on the right side when ascending. It will start flashing if you go to fast, but I don't recall any audible alarms, but I could be wrong. I'm a little hard of hearing underwater and have to really concentrate on hearing beeping noises.

2) Turn the wet mode on. As soon as you hit the water and descend a few feet, it will automatically switch to dive mode. You should see your dive time, depth, and NDL on the default screen.

I highly recommend you do the free online training. If I recall, when you register your computer with Oceanic, they give you a coupon code for the training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom