Zeagle Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bouldar

Registered
Reaction score
I have located a XL used ranger bcd. During certification, I wore a 2XL sherwood zodiac jacket style bcd. Dou you think a XL ranger would fit? I have not measured myself but I am 5'10" and 245 lbs. My weight is in the gut. I am thinking I need a 2XL but I thought I read that rangers run big. Thanks for your help.

I think you'd be ok. I used a size L Scubapro BCD in my OW class and purchased a size M Ranger that fits great. I'm 5'9" 175lbs. The Ranger cummerbund has three possible anchor points to allow you to let it out or take it in as needed.

You can find the size chart here however if it helps, Ranger

There are a lot of BP/W fans here and that kind of set up would allow you to set up the harness exactly for your body type but I've gotta say, I love my Ranger with it's integrated weight system and pockets for safety sausage, slate, etc.

Sections of the Ranger can be changed to fit different figures. The Waist and shoulder sections can be changed to fit a wide variety of shapes without having to buy a whole new BC. Zeagles web site has more information on thi they call it The Personal Fit System.

I'm not familiar with either BCD, but nothing will beat trying it on over a wet/dry suit to see how you like it. There's more than just the size - there's the locations of attachment points & dump valves and the position of the inflator hose. You may find a vast preference for one brand over another after you've tried it on.

As a guide, I am 6' and 200lbs. Right between a medium and large Ranger. In fact, I have a medium lower and large shoulder straps.

I think a XL can be adjusted to fit you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom